Friday, February 13, 2015

Husband- draft 2


My husband got music in his blood
Got rhythm in his bones
Got songs in his mouth

Tap tapping on a drum set
On a steering wheel
On our kitchen table
I hear him

My husband got broken up beats that hide behind his teeth 
His heartbeat is my bass line slash life line when I just don't know if I can deal with the shit
he is there, helping me keep time

Tap tapping on a high hat when I am low
Most days his music is all I can feel because depression is fucking chiming in my ear 


I do not know how to be anyone's metronome
Yet here I am wife, lover, friend 


I've come to realize that this love is a song 
and we are the dancers
And just when I think I will fall
His song
His dance
Catches me

And I feel the music in his blood
Feel rhythm in his bones
See songs in his mouth


No comments:

Post a Comment