Friday, February 27, 2015

Husband draft 3

My husband got music in his blood
Got rhythm in his bones
Got songs in his mouth

Tap tapping on a drum set

a steering wheel
our kitchen table
I hear him

My husband got broken up beats that hide behind his teeth 

His heartbeat is my bass line slash life line when I just don't know if I can deal with this life
he is there
keeping time

Tap tapping on a high hat when I am low
Most days he is is the only thing I can feel
because depression has taken hold of this body
I do not know how to be anyone's metronome

Yet here I am wife, friend, lover
I've come to realize that this love is a song 
and we are the dancers
And just when I think I will fall
this man

he catches me

And I feel the music in his blood
Feel the rhythm in his bones

and taste the songs in his mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment